Following please find a copy of our current employment opportunities. Applications from suitable Caymanians, Permanent Residents or a other persons legally residing in the Cayman Islands will be preferred. However, we encourage everyone interested, who is a born again Christian, who is patient, cooperative, dependable and regular in attending service to send us their résumé.
For information on the Cayman Islands Immigration Laws visit their website at:http://www.immigration.gov.ky/
Submit detailed résumé, transcripts, copy of credentials and 3 letters of reference by email or via regular mail to:
First Baptist Christian SchoolAttention: StaffingP. O. Box 10275Cayman Islands, KY1-1003
Many thanks for your interest in FBCS,
The School Office
Click here to email us your resumé
Current Job Opportunities
FBCS Elementary Teacher
FBCS is recruiting teaching staff for the 2016-2017 school year at various grade levels. Applicants must be fully certified teachers, able to obtain a teaching license, Caymanian Status holders or able to obtain a work permit.
- Integrate biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies (e.g. direct instruction, cooperative learning, individualized instruction, inquiry) to engage students.
- Use a repertoire of assessment strategies to determine what students already know and what they will learn.
- Understand subjects taught and show how this knowledge is created, organized, and applied to real world settings.
- Prepare daily and/or weekly plans and materials based on curriculum.
- Demonstrate experience in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive collaboration approach.
- High fluency level in written and oral communication.
- Ability to select a variety of activities and media to respond to the diversity of learning styles and needs of the students in the class.
- Use proven research strategies in Elementary Education.
Teaching applicants must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Professional certification in the specified area of instruction
- The ability to obtain a license to teach in Grand Cayman
- Prior experience teaching in a multi-cultural setting
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience
In addition, all applicants must be born again Christians who are members of (or able to join) First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman. As representatives of the Church, successful candidates must give evidence of a daily and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. Applicants must be able to subscribe to the statement of faith of First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman.
Salary range is between $32,000-$35,000 CI and is determined by applicant’s education and experience and is based on full time employment. Benefits include Pension & Health Insurance as required by CI law, Vacation and Tuition Discounts.
Submit resume, transcripts, copy of credentials and 3 letters of reference including one from your pastor, and your personal testimony of faith in Christ to:
First Baptist Christian School
920 Crewe Road (across from Lionís Centre) or
PO Box 10275, KY1-1003, George Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands