Topic: Comparing and Ordering numbers.
– Compare and order numbers from smallest to largest and largest to smallest.
– Exploring Tens
– Create sets of tens and ones and use concrete objects to describe whole numbers.
– Compare and Order Numbers
– Tens and ones
SPELLING: Words with short /i/
Group 1 words:
in big six hid pin pig his fin wig win
this wind ship
Group 2 words:
will big ship six hid pick trick wind his this hill fill
admit blizzard bitter
Texts: 1. The Storm (Realistic Fiction) 2. Storms (Informational text)
Decodable readers: 1. Can It Fit? 2. I Ran 3. Sid Pig 4. Pam
Nouns and Possessive Nouns
Narrative Writing – Captions
Model, Elaboration, Prewriting, Drafting, Revising and Proofreading
Topics: Living and Non-living Things
– What do living things need?
– Distinguish between and compare living organism and non-living things.
Test: Senses and Living and Non-Living Things.
Topic: My Community- Features of a community
Topic: The first family (Cain and Abel.)
Test: Adam and Eve/Cain and Abel
Memory Verse: “…beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, [Jesus] explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures
concerning himself. (Luke 24:27)
NB. Parents, first grade will memorize the portion in red.
Please ensure that your child studies the Memory verses because they make up 40% of the bible grade.
There is a reward for the first students who know the memory verse.