Hello Parents! Happy Weekend to you and your family.
We have so many exciting events going on next week:
- Monday is Heroes Day so we will have a nice long weekend and then meet up together again on Tuesday.
- Tuesday will be the Bible Verse Awards Ceremony at the end of our 8:30 am chapel.
- It will also be the Honor Roll Ceremony in the evening at 6:00 in the Chapel!
- Friday is the Rollathon! Make sure you’ve filled out your student’s permission form and that you send a helmet with the roller skates/blades/skateboards/scooters/bikes!
Here is the Weekly Verse/Spelling/Updates PDF
We’re studying many interesting things as second term starts up:
- Writing: Students have just finished a full Writer’s Workshop to publish their very own personal narrative. Copies will either stay in the classroom libraries for a while or come home immediately depending on each student’s preference. Students will write another personal narrative this week!
- Reading: Students will read their second of three fantasy stories. Last week’s chaos in The Day Jimmy’s Boa Ate The Wash has prepared their imaginations for the fun of How I Spent My Summer Vacation this week.
- Vocab: captured, imagination, relax, manners, matado, plains, vacation
- Spelling: oi/oy words
- Social Studies: students have started on the biggest unit of the year: The Cayman Islands! They’ve created their own travel books, hand-made passport pages included! We’ll start with the five districts of Grand Cayman and then move on to Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Students are encouraged to bring in photos or ticket stubs from activities around the island to add to their books. Also, students will need to know their address. Please either help your child memorize your address or help them write it on a piece of paper to bring in 🙂
- Science: students are learning all about trees, leaves, and the life cycle of plants! Time lapse videos like this one are sure to capture your child’s interest.
Ms. Maurice and Ms. Mittelman